2017 MPhil-PhD Programme in Computer and Information Engineering (CIE) Summer Camp
The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shenzhen (CUHK(SZ))
The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shenzhen (CUHK(SZ)), is a research-intensive university, established in 2014 through a Mainland - Hong Kong collaboration with staunch support from the Shenzhen Municipal Government. It inherits the fine academic traditions of The Chinese University of Hong Kong and will develop its academic programmes in phases and offer courses in Schools of Science and Engineering, Management and Economics, and Humanities and Social Science. The language of instruction is both English and Chinese, and students who satisfy prescribed requirements will receive degrees of The Chinese University of Hong Kong. The Ministry of Education has granted CUHK(SZ) the authority to offer postgraduate programmes up to the PhD level from the date of its establishment. The Senate of CUHK has approved the General Regulations Governing Postgraduate Studies at CUHK(SZ) in 2015.?
MPhil-PhD Programme in Computer and Information Engineering (CIE)
The School of Science and Engineering at CUHK(SZ) has designed the programme for students who wish to pursue a higher degree in the broad area of Computer and Information Engineering (CIE), with research focus in artificial intelligence, communications and networking, control, computer vision, data science, digital signal processing, intelligent systems and robotics, operations research, optimization, bioinformatics and related domains. An applicant with a research master’s degree should apply for admission to the PhD Stream, while an applicant with a bachelor’s degree can apply for admission to either MPhil or PhD Stream.? Applicants should have education background in science and engineering.
The MPhil-PhD Program in CIE aims to educate and cultivate research students with a broad foundation in CIE and specialized knowledge in selected concentrations. They will be capable of performing cutting edge research to make significant contributions to advancement of knowledge and applications in society and expected to become leading academics and researchers in universities, research institutes, and industries.?
Seminar by Prof. Stephen BOYD (Professor at Stanford University, Fractional Professor at CUHKSZ)
Summer Camp held by The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shenzhen (CUHK(SZ)) strives to provide an academic communication platform for outstanding students which will build a bridge between students and the university, facilitate academic promotion, enhance the students’ understanding in CUHKSZ. In the meantime, students will gain the experience on our academic environment which is “to combine tradition with modernity, and to bring together China and the West”.
Students who participate in Summer Camp will get the opportunity to communicate with professors and scholars from School of Science and Engineering face to face. Our faculty team consists of professors recruited worldwide and most of them are internationally renowned who have abundant experience in supervising PhD students and offering courses in PhD level.
Group photo of 2017 CIE?Winter Camp?
24-25 August, 2017
1. Undergraduate or master students who will graduate in 2018 with engineering background;
2. Study in ?a university under ‘211 project’ or ‘project 985’ or major in national key discipline;
3. Study in a recognized university and achieve an average grade no lower than Second Class or no lower than "B" or above 80;
4. Satisfy the English Requirements from one of the followings:
? ? 1）IELTS (Academic) (no lower than Band 6.5)?
? ? 2）TOEFL (Internet-based) (no lower than 79)
? ? 3）CET 6 (no lower than 425)?
? ? 4）Have obtained a recognized professional qualification awarded in Hong Kong or an English speaking country
Application Documents Required
1. Completed application form;
2. Official transcripts from the university attended by applications;
3. Copies of degree certificates;
4. Documents showing the applicant has fulfilled the English Language Proficiency Requirement (if any);?
5. Other documents (if any).
1. We provide accommodation (standard room with two beds), meals (lunch and dinner at campus canteen);
2. We will reimburse your train tickets of hard seat and hard sleeper for round trip (no high-speed rail). Students have to provide paper tickets for reimbursement and other transportation fees will be borne by students;
3.?Other expenses are borne by yourself.
1. Application Deadline: 23th June, 2017
2.?Application form: please download the electronic application form via http://gs.cuhk.edu.cn/zh-hans/content/1245
3. Please submit your application materials to email@example.com before deadline. Subject must be in the format “Summer Camp + Name”
4. We will inform the qualified applicants before 17:30, 14th July, 2017
5. The qualified applicants need to reply if they want to accept this invitation before 20th July, 2017
Tel: (0755) 84273833
Address:?Room 319, Dao Yuan Building, 2001 Longxiang Blvd., Longgang District, Shenzhen
Postal Code: 518172
Wechat Public Account of SSE (ID: cuhksz-sse) ?