Student Counselling and Development Service
The?service aims primarily to assist students to overcome difficulties in adjusting to the university, and achieve genuine personal growth and self-enhancement.
Types of Services
- Individual Counselling
Student Counselling and Development Service (SCDS) provides individual counselling services to students. You may benefit from counseling when you:
- Experience problems in adapting to the university environment
- Feel unhappy, unmotivated, or troubled for prolonged periods
- Wish to understand more about yourself or to increase your self-confidence
- Feel that you are not doing as well as you should in your studies
- Wish to improve on your relationships
- Anything that is worrying you or disrupting your normal work, study or personal life can be talked over in counselling.??
Generally, students have one session with their counselors per week, each counselling session lasts for around 50 minutes.?Students who want individual counselling should make an?appointment except emergency situations.
Tel：(86 755)8427 3294
- Group Counselling
The SCDS also provides group counselling services, including workshops, support group and group therapy.
- Crisis Intervention and Emergency Services
The SCDS must provide crisis intervention and emergency services, including crisis?prevention, risk assessment, referral and intervention after?crisis?event.
The SCDS?provides mental?health?education?activities?such as?exhibition, lecture,?salon, etc to improve?the?consciousness?of?mental health.
Address: Room 405, Student Centre, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shenzhen
Tel：(86 755) 8427 3294
Office hour: 8:30-12:00, 13:00-17:30（Mon-Fri）